Setting up the EWS Client in PoliteMail Preferences
Go to PoliteMail > Preferences
Check the box next to Use Exchange Web Services to Expand Distribution Lists
Under the server options, choose Use Client. If it appears greyed out, it can still be selected.
Configuring the EWS Client
- Open a new email in a new window. Enter a distribution list in the To: field. Now go to the PoliteMail flag and choose Get Recipient Count. You must enter in a Distribution List to set up EWS Caching. If you have no recipients included in the To, CC, or BCC field, or include only contacts or single recipients, PoliteMail will return a count, however, it will not setup EWS Client.
- You will then receive a prompt from Windows Security to enter the Credentials for the EWS Endpoint.
- Insert your Email or Username
- Enter your Password
- EWS Endpoint
- If your account is in Office365, your endpoint will always be: https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
- If you are On-Premise, you will need to derive the endpoint. To do this, log into Outlook Web App (OWA) in your browser. You will have the website, you need the primary hostname in that website link:
- Click Expand Group
- If you can see all recipients inside the list, you have successfully configured EWS
- If you get a 401 or other error, EWS expansion has failed. Please note, if your organization enforces MFA, authentication may not work. If you’re not able to connect, please contact your IT department.
- If Successful, click Save.
- Press OK to close, you should be returned with a count once the window closes
- Perform Get Recipient Count again, your information has been stored locally in an encrypted format.
- If the count is consistent, you are ready to send! Always be sure to enable tracking before sending with PoliteMail.