You've sent a tracked message and not all the recipients on the distribution list have received it. There are a few tasks you can do first before contacting support:
- Make sure your contacts were not deleted. If you delete a contact from one list, you will be presented with a window asking if you want to delete all contacts and associated tracking. If you or a colleague chose YES, the contact will be deleted from ALL mailing lists.
- If you are using EWS for list expansion, make sure this setting is turned on.
- While not common, heavily nested distributions lists can cause errors and delays. Generally speaking, you don't want to contain more than 3 lists in a nested list.
After checking these 3 settings, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take.
1. If you are sending to a PoliteMail List and not all recipients receive the message, contact Support by clicking the Request Support button in PoliteMail. Please include the subject, what list(s) you sent to, expected number of recipients, and the current recipient count. You can obtain this information by opening a new message, putting the distribution list(s) in the To: field, going to the PoliteMail flag pull down menu and choosing Get Recipient Count. PoliteMail's server techs will be able to perform a full list expansion to see where any discrepancies lie.
2. If you're sending to an Exchange List from your Global Address Book, put the list in the To: field and use Get Recipient Count. If the number expected is lower than what is displayed using Get Recipient Count, use Request Support and include the subject, what list(s) you sent to, expected number of recipients, and the current recipient count.
3. If the Get Recipient count number is correct but recipients still are not getting the email, view the Server Information. Please note that only Admins can perform this task. Go to PoliteMail > Settings > My Profile. Scroll to the bottom and click View Server Information. Look under the SMTP Service. If there are messages still in the Queue, this means the message is still replicating and your recipients will receive their copy soon. If the number is zero, you will need to contact your internal IT team as this indicates an issue with your server.