It is recommended to resize your images before importing into PoliteMail. While the PoliteMail Builder will automatically resize images based on width, this can cause your text or image to move within your template, or for your image to appear stretched. If you’d like to adhere to the template structure and the image placeholders associated with that template, resize your images before using Add Image.
In this example, there is a file that’s 888 x 5625 in size. It needs to be resized to fit a 290 x 180 placeholder.
1. Open Paint. Click File > Open and choose the image you want to resize.
2. Go to Home > Resize. Change percentage to pixels. Now enter in the placeholder dimensions. You may need to uncheck maintain aspect ratio to set the desired dimensions. Click OK when you’re done.
3. Now go to File > Save as and save the image as a PNG file. You can now add it to a template without losing any table structure.
Using Paint 3D
1. Open the image you want to resize in Paint 3D.
2. Click the Canvas button.
3. In the sidebar, check Resize image with canvas. If you don’t see the sidebar either click the Canvas button again, or hit the M key.
4. Change percentage to pixels. Now enter in the placeholder dimensions. You may need to uncheck maintain aspect ratio to set the desired dimensions. Click the Menu button to save your image.