To run an A/B test, you will first need to import your list into PoliteMail. Instructions on how to create lists in PoliteMail can be found by clicking here.
PoliteMail provides tools to help you manage your mailing lists. You can combine and merge lists, subtract lists, or split lists into pieces to conduct A/B testing.
Here’s how to use the Manage Lists tools:
- Click Lists > Mailing Lists from the PoliteMail toolbar.
- Select/check the list name(s) you want to work with.
- Use Actions and select any of the following list operation options:
- Combine: Merge multiple lists into one list.
- Split: Break a list into several smaller lists.
- Select In-Common: Create a new list of only the contacts who are on all selected lists.
- Select Un-Common: Create a new list of only the contacts on one of the selected lists.
- Subtract: Create a new list by removing the contacts on one list from another list.
Once your list is split, you can run an A/B test by creating your messages and sending each message to a different list segment.