With the Links function in PoliteMail you can save links and easily pull them into new messages without having to retype the content. In a tracked message, PoliteMail will automatically track any link, whether you use the Save Links feature or not.
Using the Links Feature
There are two ways to use the Links feature:
Adding From the Content Button
1. Go to PoliteMail > Content > Links
2. Create a new link by clicking on the New button, and then typing in the link text and URL. The URL must include https://
3. If you need to share the link, click on the box next to Link Text. The link icon will appear with a blue double-arrow, indicating that it has been shared.
4. Click Update and the link will be saved.
5. This link will now be added to the Links drop-down menu in a New Message and can be added to your PoliteMail emails. The link will also show up in the PoliteMail Builder under the Links button in the Content tab. To add it to an email, place your cursor where you want the link to go, and then choose it from the pull-down menu.
Adding from the PoliteMail Builder
1. Open the PoliteMail Builder. Go to Content > Links
2. Click the Add Link icon.
3. Type in a Name, the URL, and an optional Description for your link and then click Save.
4. Your saved link will now appear in the PoliteMail Builder, as well as under the Links pull-down menu.
5. To add it to a message, simply drag and drop it.
Manually Adding Links to an Email
You can also manually add a link to a tracked message either by typing it in, or copying and pasting it from another source. Once it's added to the message PoliteMail will track it. However, it will not show up in the Links pull-down menu, or in the PoliteMail Builder. You will also notice that it appears as a full URL address in the message, and you are not able to edit it by right-clicking on the text to change the hyperlink text.
You can copy and paste links from other sources, however, you must paste it with either Merge Formatting or Keep Text Only. Otherwise, the link will not work.
Accessing your links through the Content button, you will see a column for UserLink. Links that were saved on the PoliteMail server will be labelled "true". Manually added links will be labelled "false."
Testing your links with PreFlight Test Send
A great way to ensure that your links are working is to send your email using PreFlight Test Send. This way, you can check all of your links and make sure they are active before sending to your recipients.
Reading Links in Metrics
Go to PoliteMail > Results > Message. Double-click on the message you want to view.
Links will be measured in the Click-Through rate on the metrics page. Scrolling down, you can see how many clicks each link received in the Click Details. The links will be sorted in descending order, with the most clicked link at the top.