Note: This is for PoliteMail versions 4.5 - 4.8. Versions 4.9+ have a slightly different user interface to include Open Visibility. For more information about Open Visibility click here.
If you get an error saying "open visibility is not supported with the embed images feature", it means you have the "Embed Images" preference turned on. Go to PoliteMail > Settings > Preferences. Uncheck "Embed Images with message" and restart Outlook. Feedback options should now work.
Adding a Simple Survey or Poll
1. Open a New Message.
2. From the PoliteMail ribbon, select Feedback.
3. Select which type of survey you would like to use.
4. Type your question into the Question text box that pops up.
5. Click Add.
You will receive a pop up that asks if you would like to make the survey a poll. Select Yes or No.
If using the poll function, the message recipient can see the vote tally immediately after clicking on the poll link within the message and will be able to change their response.
The survey or poll will be added to your message.
6. To change the text for the question or any of the answers, place your cursor within the text you want to change, right-click and select Edit Hyperlink.
7. Change the Text to Display field at the top of the menu.
8. Select OK.
Note: DO NOT change the Address at the bottom of the Edit Hyperlink menu. It will break the PoliteMail link.
To view the Results of Your Sent Survey or Poll
1. Select Results > Messages
2. Locate the sent message and double-click on the line to bring up the metric report
Scroll to the bottom of the report to view the survey/poll results
Note: Message recipients can change a survey or poll answer at any time and the results will adjust accordingly. This won’t count as an additional vote, it will simply override their previous answer.
Note: At this time, the survey feature does not include the ability for users to write in responses or comments. As the sender, you will be not be able to see how each user voted, even when using Individual tracking. PoliteMail keeps this information anonymized in order for this feature to be used with all 3 tracking modes.