The Scheduled Send feature in PoliteMail allows users to schedule a tracked message to be sent at a future date and time. The message gets sent from Outlook and is then held securely within the PoliteMail Server before it is released at the scheduled date/time. PoliteMail does not require the sender of the email message to be online at the time of release.
To Schedule a tracked message for future release, compose the message in Outlook, then select the PoliteMail Button > Schedule Send*
- In the Schedule Send Dialog box check Do not deliver before. Select the date and time for PoliteMail to start the send.
Select Save. Click Send from Outlook.
NOTE: This will send your message to the PoliteMail server. You must hit SEND or the message will remain a draft.
* In version 4.6 of PoliteMail, Scheduled Send can be found under the PoliteMail tab in the message window, on the right side of the ribbon.
To Access the Scheduled message:
- Select the PoliteMail tab within your Outlook window
- Select Campaigns > Scheduled Sends
- You should see a line item for the Scheduled Message – click to select the message
- If you scroll to the right you will see an Edit button that will allow you to edit the message subject line, scheduled date and time, and/or from line. If you make any changes be sure to scroll back over to the right and click on Update to save your changes
- With the message selected you can also send a Preflight Test Send or delete the scheduled send by clicking on the X to the right of Actions