Sending email via your Outlook Outbox
If you are required to send PoliteMail tracked messages “via Your Outlook Outbox” there are specific behaviors that users should be aware of.
- The recipient count should not exceed 1,000-1,500 email addresses for best performance.
- Sending PoliteMail tracked messages to distribution lists greater than 1,000-1,500 recipients will take a long time with Individual and Anonymous Tracking modes. Total send time will depend on the size of the message (total content within the message).
- If you require a faster send speed, use Aggregate Tracking mode when sending PoliteMail tracked messages to distribution lists greater than 1000-1500 recipients. You may need to manually input the number of recipients in the Emails Metrics report after the send.
No Exchange Web Services account?
Without an Exchange Web Services account created for the PoliteMail server, there are certain behaviors to be expected.
- PoliteMail will use Outlook’s default expansion method, MAPI, to expand distributions lists which is typically less reliable for getting a full recipient list and can sometimes result in an incomplete expansion of distribution lists.
- A workaround for not being able to utilize an Exchange Web Services account is to use the PoliteMail Lists feature.
- Creating a PoliteMail list: http://support.politemail.com/knowledgebase/sending-to-distribution-lists/
Message size considerations
Smaller messages send faster. To decrease the overall size of your message, there are a few things to consider:
- Using the PoliteMail Add Image feature places the images into the body of your message as a web reference, effectively decreasing the size of your message.
- Using the PoliteMail Smart Attachment feature places the attachment as a link into the body of your message, effectively decreasing the size of your message. This method also allows you to gather open metrics for the attachment. The metrics will show in the Click Details section of your Email Metrics report.
Deleting/editing content in the Content Library, results and users
Deleting content from the Content Library will not only permanently remove content from the library, but it will remove any pictures, links or smart attachments from any previously sent PoliteMail tracked message.
- For this reason, it’s not recommended to delete any content in the Content Library.
- You can instead modify the content, repair links, etc. from the Content Library. This will modify the content in any previously sent PoliteMail tracked message as well.
- How to edit links: http://kb.politemail.com/?p=2175
- How to edit smart attachments: http://support.politemail.com/knowledgebase/adding-images-to-a-message/http://kb.politemail.com/?p=2204
- Do not delete any reports in your Results tab, as this will remove the content in the email from your account.
- When you delete a user, you will lose the tracking data associated with that user (all their tracked sends and results). To keep this data, reassign the license to a different email address instead of deleting. Deleted users will also lose access to any owned templates, images, smart attachments.
- How to reassign a user license: http://support.politemail.com/knowledgebase/adding-replacing-and-deleting-users/